It’s the craftiest time of year.
Autumn is always over too quickly in my experience, so I love to make the most of it. Cold nights and warm days have turned the trees in our neighbourhood a fiery range of colours. There’s still time to enjoy the season indoors, too.
These 15 DIY projects mimic the earthy tones, harvest bounty, and cosy comfort of autumn.
1. Keep your drinks warm longer with a knitted cable cosy
2. Lacy skeleton leaves don’t have to be fragile
3. Turn old and secondhand sweaters into cushions
4. Organise your ideas on the go with pocket notebooks
5. Make a bunch of crochet oak leaves for a garland
6. Perch your cuppa on a woodburned coaster
7. Make clay pinecones to last all autumn and winter
8. Save your garden cuttings to weave the branches
9. Spoil your plants with a crochet hanging basket
10. Mimic stained glass leaves with this DIY autumn wire tree
11. DIY dipped candles set the mood
12. Learn how to paint watercolour feathers
13. Whip up wire napkin holders for an autumn table
14. Keep away the cold with a stylish draught stopper
15. And I love the quickest DIY pumpkin of them all
How do you spend your autumn evenings? I love binge watching TV shows and listening to podcasts like A Playful Day, with a cup of tea and a work in progress in hand.
Lots of crafty love,