Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. This is a holiday close to my heart!
(My years in America might make me a bit biased, though, especially because my birthday often fell close enough to Thanksgiving that I got my birthday off school. How awesome is that! It did make epic birthday parties hard to organise.)
The truth is that whatever the reasons behind the tradition, everyone everywhere has something to be grateful for. When we’re all rushing to make plans for the upcoming holidays, it’s nice to sit down and remember to just enjoy what we already have. No matter how long or expensive our crafts wishlist is. *cough*
This week I postponed my 21 things from Monday until today. Thanksgiving felt right to share these 21 things I’ve been making, reading, and been grateful for this past week.
- I’m drowning in knitting but I want to make Purl Bee’s beautiful alpaca cowl, too
- Sew your own acorns with this tutorial + pattern
- Let it snow with this free x-stitch snow globe pattern
- I’m getting use of my leather scraps by making stamps (even tiny pieces work)
- A gorgeous tutorial for making your own holiday PJs!
- This modern tree garland is so simple but stunning!
- This butter squash mash is absolutely drool-worthy.
- Happy to see Pinned It! Made It! on Company magazine’s website
- I love Oh My Handmade’s shop features, and Sew Beastly is awesome!
- Melissa is as inspiring as ever with her Thanksgiving post
- The results of Katy’s heriloom quilting with the Amazings.
- Tempted by this Photo a Day challenge for December
- Almost EVERYTHING in this cosy cafe is for sale. What an amazing idea!
- Love this interview with Yvette Stanton, talking about whitework cross stitch.
- Clearing the mantle, ready for Xmas decor to start going up this weekend
- The amazing Two Ducks launch party (which happened to be on my birthday!)
- Half-melted marshmallows in hot cocoa.
- How well-behaved our kitten was at the vet. That microchip needle was HUGE
- All the beautiful Christmas lights towns are putting up
- Fallen leaves and rusty coloured mountains
- Planning our cosy Christmas dinner-for-two
Meet Roxie! She’s our 14-week-old four legged terror!
Hope you’re having a great week!