Buttonbag Advent Calendar kit c/o John Lewis
Most of us have heard of the philosophy that being grateful makes you happier.
As my project to learn new crafts comes to an end (well, technically. I’m not going to stop learning now!) I’ve been thinking a lot about mindfulness. Learning new crafts has a way of putting you on the spot and making you focus on right now this minute. Mistakes and pricked fingers happen pretty easily otherwise.
21 things is going to be a new series posted every Monday, sharing things I’ve loved, made, read, and generally just enjoyed the week before. And what day of the week needs a bit of cheer more than dreary old Mondays? It’s all about making, reading, and loving in the moment.
Enjoy this first instalment of crafty links and reads!
- These GORGEOUS ‘just enough’ fingerless mitts (free knitting pattern)
- A colourful advent calendar from Buttonbag (c/o John Lewis)
- Yummy smoked gammon (recipe)
- DIY Vintage Placemats tutorial
- A lovely free screensaver to help makers deal with holiday prep
- Embroidered mistletoe! (free pattern)
- Pretty + simple felt ball magnets tutorial
- Dan Pink’s ‘Drive: the surprising truth about what motivates us’
- Sponsored Posts, Ads, Reviews, the ASA and Your Blog (Blogtacular)
- San Francisco becomes Gotham City so 5yo Miles can become Batman (Creative Boom)
- Welcome to Dinovember (Medium)
- How yarn is like art (Adventures and Tea Parties)
- It’s more eye candy, but I love the peeks Fiona Murray shares of her crafty photoshoots
- I want everything on the Moral Fibres ‘ethical Xmas list for foodies’ round up
- Starting the Christmas music marathon. NO. SHAME.
- The lingering smell of willow after basket weaving
- Digging out the winter candles (hello caramel, pine, and fireplace!)
- Cuddling our new kitten! (That makes two felines in this house!)
- Seeing the photography I did for Cag Rodwell come together on her website
- Brainstorming goals and dreams for 2014
- Checking off DIY gifts one by one off my Christmas list!
What have you been reading, making, and enjoying lately?